|Stepps Primary School|
Stepps Primary School opened with only three classrooms in August 1902. An extension of five classrooms was added in January 1911 and a further addition of three more classrooms and hall was opened in 1960. Temporary classrooms were added in 1974. Stepps Primary School celebrated its centenary in 2002 with an exhibition of old photos and memorabilia. The school, on School Road, Stepps, was demolished in 2008, with a new Stepps Primary School, Library and Cultural Centre being built on the 'Hockey pitches' on the opposite side of Cumbernauld Road from the old school.